Wednesday, October 14, 2020

dang it uriel!

As you've heard me say in our Zoom meetings, some of my favorite learning moments are when students prove my thinking wrong. This afternoon I'm entering "0"s and "10"s and it's frustrating. Two weeks ago, I really thought everyone was on board with the process, and I can't imagine that anyone wants to risk getting a D or an F, but many students haven't posted a single thing on their blogs in the last two weeks. Some students don't even have a blog.

I got about halfway through Period 2 -- my first class -- when I felt like giving up. I was just going to quit reading and give everyone a 0. (I figured that the people who did the work would say, "HEY!" and then I could adjust their scores.)

But then I clicked on Uriel's blog. The man put up seven posts in three days and they're all good. In today's school world, those are Lebron numbers. 

Thanks, Uriel. I appreciate the opportunity to work with you, even though you cost me more work, because now I'm more motivated to keep going. 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment

for the win(ter break)

" Why should I do this? He's not even gonna be our teacher next year! " Yeah. And I'm not getting paid to post this on Chr...