Thursday, October 29, 2020

october 29

For your MOM (Minute of Mindfulness): This morning I was supposed to have a meeting at 8:30. The people kept me waiting until 8:53. I had to email the student I was meeting with at 9:00 just in case I was late. It made me realize that lots of people/things keep us waiting. What if we turn this around? What if, after you sit and feel your feet and hands, a thought comes up -- and you think, "I'll be happy to see you in 60 seconds" and then just feel free to keep breathing? After all, we're in charge of our own minds. I'm going to try it today.

JOURNAL TOPIC: [today's tune is a video: https://youtu.be/QereR0CViMY]
Each of us has to balance our desire for individuality and our desire to belong and fit in.  How do you balance these needs?  How do these needs influence your personal sense of style, your appearance, your budget, and other decisions you make?

-OR-

Choose your own topic.

AGENDA:

1. Journal
2. Mindfulness (*more on this in upcoming blog posts and our Zoom meetings; for now, you can begin by closing your eyes and listening to yourself breathe for 60 seconds)
3. Catch up on anything you feel like catching up on.
4. Be well 

No comments:

Post a Comment

for the win(ter break)

" Why should I do this? He's not even gonna be our teacher next year! " Yeah. And I'm not getting paid to post this on Chr...