Thursday, September 24, 2020

direct communication

I teach because I want to help students develop their abilities to think, read, write, and communicate.

In this day and age, we do much of this on the internet. But school didn't operate that way until March, and many people are still experiencing growing pains as they try to adapt. As many of you already know, many Santa Maria students are expressing their feelings through petitions to lower the workload and change the district's grading policy

I don't know that either/or choices are the best solutions, and I can't pretend to have a perfect answer for every student, teacher, or parent in our district. But I do know this: We are more successful when we talk to each other instead of about each other. So -- no matter what the outcome of the petitions, no matter what the policy of the district -- let's keep the lines of communication open. I care about you and your learning experience in this course. I look forward to hearing from you. As always, you can email, schedule a personal Zoom meeting, or simply comment to this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

for the win(ter break)

" Why should I do this? He's not even gonna be our teacher next year! " Yeah. And I'm not getting paid to post this on Chr...