Friday, September 25, 2020

september 25/ slowing down

 JOURNAL TOPIC:

Comedian Steven Wright once said, "I bought a microwave fireplace. Now I can sit in front of the fire for the evening -- in six minutes." In 21st century American culture, we are used to doing everything in a hurry. But some experiences are WAY better when we take our time. (Think about it: if you're hurrying to get to the end of a kiss, you're kissing the wrong person.) These experiences improve our lives by allowing us to focus and really connect with what we're doing. What are some things in your life that are worth taking your time on? 

-OR-

Choose your own topic.

AGENDA:

1. Journal
2. Please read Chapter 3 of Les Mis (don't worry, I'm not expecting you to do it perfectly or become an expert - just do the best you can and look up the words you don't know) and post your first impressions (title: LES MIS CH 3)
3. Yes. I know. That was yesterday's agenda. That's it. In light of what I learned this week, we're slowing down too. Please make sure you get this done, and email me or schedule a meeting if you have more questions.


No comments:

Post a Comment

for the win(ter break)

" Why should I do this? He's not even gonna be our teacher next year! " Yeah. And I'm not getting paid to post this on Chr...