Friday, December 18, 2020

december 18

Today is the last day of our pandemic semester, and - for me, at least - this moment is all about gratitude. Thank you for taking this ride with me since August. Be well. Love each other through the holidays and enjoy your break with your families (and maybe some friends, at a distance :). Please make sure to post this week's 3 journal entries by 5:00 p.m. today.  I usually post the message below in June, at the end of the school year, but since I'll be leading the Open-Source Learning Academy in January, and many of you will have a new teacher in Spring, now seems like a good time. Choose your own topic to write about in your journal today. (AND KEEP IT UP! You don't need anyone's permission to write in your journal, or keep a blog, or give yourself a minute of mindfulness.)

I wish you all the best and I hope you stay in touch. -dp

__________________________________________

What a year.

As often as I say it, I still feel like I don't say it often enough:

Thank you.

Thank you for your effort, your insight, your willingness to risk and make mistakes and change your minds;

Thank you for your trust, for your sense of humor, and for your curiosity;

Thank you for your time, your attention, and your resilience in the face of adversity; and

Most of all

Thank you for taking this learning trip with me, pandemic or not.

I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know you all, and I wish you every success in the future. Stay mindful.

I'll leave you with these words from Henry David Thoreau:


 
We are adjourned. Have a great (winter break, and) summer (when you get there).

No comments:

Post a Comment

for the win(ter break)

" Why should I do this? He's not even gonna be our teacher next year! " Yeah. And I'm not getting paid to post this on Chr...